Background

Monday, April 11, 2011

Best of Spring...Part Two!

I am blown away by the inspiring ideas I found when I went huntig for ways to freshen up my home's decor for spring. Spring has sprung, love is in the air and the flowers are in bloom. Check out some of the neat ideas that I am going to recreate for my home!

Chevron Crush...

Like Amanda from Dixie Delights and so many others in the design world....I have a total crush on Chevron. No not the gas station, the zig zag pattern seen in textile design. It truly is as haute as Subway Art. My problem is that my home is very transitional in design and filled with treasures from our travels, mostly European. How do I mix some Chevron in as most of what i am seeing is in vibrants. I was blown away by Amanda's subtle contrast with silver and gray in her bar....love it!!! I am thinking...laundry room.



Easter Bunny Silhouettes..


Emily, an interior designer from Fireside Studio created this fantastic silhouette to hang on her gallery wall. I love the whole project. Check it out! This is so on trend with the use of silhouettes in design on all spectrums. I love it!

Paper Magnolia Wreath...So Fresh



I have to say this is the most origianl idea I have seen in a long time. How beautiful is this wreath. And living in SE Texas, the magnolias bloom. I love taking elements of nature into my home. Craftberry Bush gives a complete tutorial on her blog on how to create this masterpiece. This is a great sit down on Sunday with my sweet princess and bond type of craft. I am excited to do this with my princess.

Spring Has Sprung Monograms



Kaitlyn at The Goodey Knot created these gorgeous sprouting monograms for her nieces. I love the idea of being able to incorporate this fun design through my kids spaces. Lovely!

Well that's my list of To Do's. I am going to be one busy girl and I can't wait to get cracking! I hope you have found some great ideas to inspire you as well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment